Unable to create directory uploads
WordPress complaining about being "Unable to create directory uploads" is quite common when you move from one website host to another. WordPress is letting you know that it no longer has permission to save files and media in the location it's being told to and more often that not WordPress is trying to save files and media into a folder that no longer exist.
The reason this can crop up is due to the fact that some WordPress installers and/or website hosting companies require an explicit path be set to the WordPress uploads folder and, when moving hosts, that explicit path can often change.
How to fix the missing or incorrect path
- Login to your Onyx dashboard
- From your Onyx dashboard, click the Manage button for the site you'd like to access.
- Click 'Wordpress Admin' from the left hand menu
- You'll now see the WordPress dashboard, click 'Settings' and then select 'General' from the left hand menu
- The address bar will show options-general.phpedit this to remove the
-generaljust leaving the options.php on the endclick return to visit this page.
- You'll now see the 'All Settings' page, scroll down to find the field called upload_path, and once you've found it enter
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Save Changes'
You should now be able to uploda files and media without error. If you are still experiencing issues please log a support ticket.